Installation and upgrade notes
- Kubernetes version for Azure deployments: 1.24.0
- You must use either the 4.3 or 4.2 CLI with Magnet REVIEW 4.3 to ingest cases. Attempting to ingest using earlier versions of the CLI will result in errors. If you are uploading evidence from AXIOM Examine 6.6 or earlier, you must manually replace the installed CLI as described in the knowledgebase article Update the CLI used to upload evidence from AXIOM Examine to Magnet REVIEW.
- You must run the CLI or the Upload to Magnet REVIEW tool from a machine running Windows 8 or later.
- Grafana Loki log queries must be run in a web browser other than Chrome due to a bug in Grafana.
New and updated features for administrative users
- Magnet REVIEW now supports Amazon Web Services as a deployment platform.
- For on-premises instances, Magnet REVIEW now supports OpenEBS on-node SSD storage implementations for primary and hits (artifact) data. NFS and Ceph primary storage can be combined with OpenEBS hits storage. Any changes to storage types must be made with a clean install.
- Magnet REVIEW now includes a read-only Magnet REVIEW RESTful API for third-party integrations that supports requests for case reports and high-level case and evidence information.
- On the Audit log page, clicking a hyperlink in the Context column for Report created and Report download case interactions resulted in an HTTP 404 error. -RE-321
- In PDF reports, content from the Report strategy field was missing the carriage returns. -MR-3874
- When a user previewed a picture or PDF attachment in the artifact hit details view, the audit log incorrectly recorded the action as a download event. -MR-1114
- Attempting to upgrade an Azure environment from 4.2 to 4.3 results in an error: "The property 'deployment.feature.registry.requiresmanagedecr' is invalid: An answer is required. Unable to verify configuration. Quitting".
Workaround: If an upgrade has been attempted, change this line in the registry section of the user-config.yml file from
If an upgrade has not been attempted, add this line to the registry section of the user-config.yml file
- When upgrading an Azure airgapped environment, the answers supplied for the installer prompts during the previous installation are not shown.
- On the Add case manager and Add case member dialogs, clicking "Add case manager" or "Add case member" when no user is selected results in a "Failed to create the case assignments" error.
- On AWS deployments, if during installation an administrator attempts to update the logo used in reports, the logo is not updated.
- During an upgrade, the installer should not give the admin user the option to select a different primary storage type from that used in the instance. If this happens, the upgrade fails, and it will rollback and existing cluster data remains intact.
- When users mark an artifact (evidence item) as privileged, instead of showing the next evidence item when there is one, an "Unable to load next hit" error message displays.
Workaround: Users can click the previous page in the navigation bar to return to the artifact list.
- An attempt to generate a system report will fail if there's a case that does not have a hits index (likely due to an issue with ingestion).
Workaround: Find a case on the Dashboard that has "no evidence sources", then delete the case.
- An issue with the Filmstrip previewer service is causing previewer pods to exceed their memory limits, which cause the pods to be terminated.
Workaround: Configure the maximum number of video requests to be 2 or less and the Filmstrip previewer pod should not get into a state where it runs out of memory.
- In evidence uploaded from Cellebrite Physical Analyzer, duplicate artifact fragments can be generated if an XML element from the Cellebrite export contains a nested element of the same type.
- Keyword searches applied by the user don't get highlighted in PDF previews if the content exists in the table of contents, links, or occurs over multiple lines.
- Switching to full-screen view in a document preview sometimes causes some UI elements to resize off the screen. This occurs most frequently with larger documents.