New in this release
- You can now deploy Magnet REVIEW in an on-premises environment, leveraging existing hardware infrastructure and CEPH storage
- To protect against cross-site scripting, Magnet REVIEW now uses an HTML sanitizer on documents in your case. The sanitizer removes scripts and API usage before you preview the document.
- Evidence that contains certain types of scripts, such as XSS scripts that access cookies or display popups, are now prevented from running when they're displayed in previews.
- The inactivity timeout that logs out a user when they're inactive has been changed from 10 minutes to 30 minutes.
- The mimetype detector service is now able to output metrics to Grafana for viewing.
- Due to a database migration, you will not be able to edit cases while you are updating Magnet REVIEW. After the update has successfully completed, you can continue working in your cases.
- When you upload evidence from Magnet AXIOM, Magnet REVIEW now maintains the same column order.
- In cases where the generation of a preview is canceled, such as during autoscaling, the generation of the preview is automatically rescheduled by the preview service.
- Case cards no longer display an empty dialog when you hover over them with the cursor.
- When searching for text in documents, the results sometimes appeared incorrectly because the generated document preview was being searched, instead of the document's contents. -MR-1830
- Sometimes, in evidence uploaded from Magnet AXIOM, chat threads were displaying an incorrect number of messages. This fix requires that you upgrade to Magnet AXIOM 5.3 or later. -MR-1764
- During an evidence upload, attachments could sometimes be uploaded before its associated hit data, which caused issues with search indexing. -MR-1568
- During evidence uploads, extracted content was not always being indexed by Elasticsearch. -MR-1308
- Keyword searches applied by the user don't get highlighted in PDF previews if the content exists in the table of contents, links, or occurs over multiple lines.
- When the user previews a picture or PDF attachment in the artifact hit details view, the audit log incorrectly records the action as a download event. PDF documents can trigger multiple download requests on hit details page open.
- When the same user applies tags in quick succession, it can cause subsequent tag requests to throw an error.
- When scrolling through artifacts in thumbnail view, the thumbnail previews sometimes go blank even though the preview was already loaded.
- Bulk actions for applying tags or comments do not immediately update the tag color stripe or update the comment counter in the UI. A webpage refresh can sometimes be required for this to take effect.
- Switching to fullscreen in a document preview sometimes causes some UI elements to resize off the screen. This occurs most frequently with larger documents.