Sept 6, 2019
This update might take a long time to complete as it comes with significant changes to the database, including an upgrade from utf8 to utf8mb4. Before you proceed, you must ensure that you have a functioning database backup.
New in this release
- Export your cases to a spreadsheet format using the Excel and Excel + zip report types.
- Case databases are now upgraded from utf8 to utf8mb4, providing support for displaying emojis and other special characters in evidence.
- Added support for additional chat applications, including WeChat and KakaoTalk. [Magnet AXIOM]
- PDF and .zip file exports now include attachments from email and chat artifacts.
- Specify the format that videos should be generated using (the default being mp4).
- Windows Accounts now show up in the user account section instead of the contacts view. [Magnet AXIOM]
- Added support for the Notes attribute in Telegram Contacts. [UFED]
- Contacts can now show an alternate name for the user in the gallery view, if the default name isn't available.
- Audit logs now shows both a name and ID for logins, evidence items, and cases.
- You can now upload evidence directly to a case.
- While navigating through paged results, if you select a result and then navigate back, you return to the first page of results instead of the current page.
- An issue with the AXIOM Exporter was causing file locations to be displayed as the location in the case instead of the location in the evidence source.
- In the chat thread view, clicking a message that has a media attachment would direct you to the details page for the media artifact and not the message.
- URLs found in email bodies that were wrapped using " instead of " were not being blocked like other outgoing URLs.
- In some cases, issues loading the mobile device dialog would prevent an evidence item's details from loading.
- Some types of contacts that were available in previous versions were no longer showing up as results.
- On the User Settings screen, the default settings are sometimes displayed even if the actual value is different.