New features and enhancements
- Scans are now 30% faster.
- Updated CRC CSAM Detection technology to reduce the number of false positive hits.
- You can now mark hits as false positives locally so that they are not flagged in future scans. Additionally, you have the option of sending the false positive file ID/hash to Magnet Forensics so that we can filter the false positive results for other users in future releases.
- You can now import NCMEC CyberTip reports to use URLs, file names, and IP addresses from the reports as keywords for locating files or matching on browser history. When using the "I am scanning this computer" option, Magnet OUTRIDER can match the IP addresses in the report against the external IP address obtained from the live system.
- You can now scan one or more specific folders, rather than entire drives, to narrow the focus of your scan.
- Prior to starting a scan of a computer, you can now capture the live system’s RAM using the Magnet RAM Capture tool.
- Prior to starting a scan of a computer, you can now capture a screenshot of the desktop for live system scans.
- Added support for scanning browser history, including full URLS, from Chrome, Firefox, and Edge (Chromium based) browsers for keyword hits.
- Added support for importing regex keyword lists.
- During a CRC CSAM Detection scan, you'll now be notified if Magnet OUTRIDER detects that Windows Defender is running. Windows Defender might cause a scan to take more time. You can turn off Windows Defender manually to increase performance.
- You can now generate a PDF report and optionally include an agency logo or crest in your report.
- When scanning a live system using the "I am scanning this computer" option, you can now collect operating system artifacts including USB device history, recently accessed files, logged-on users, and more. For a full list of supported operating system artifacts, see the Magnet OUTRIDER User Guide.
- Added detection support for Android emulators, including Bluestacks, Nox, MEmu, and Genymotion, to the Virtual Machine apps category.
- Added detection support for virtual disk files, including Microsoft Virtual Hard Disk (VHD), VirtualBox Virtual Disk Image (VDI), VMware Virtual Machine Disk (VMDK), Parallels Hard Disk Drive (HDD), QEMU Enhanced Disk Image (QED), QEMU Copy On Write Disk Image (QCOW), QEMU Copy On Write Disk Image v2 (QCOW2), to the Virtual Machine apps category.
- Added detection support for VPN apps, including Surfshark, NordVPN, Hotspot Shield, Private Internet Access, StrongVPN, TunnelBear, VyprVPN, Windscribe, KeepSolid VPN Unlimited, IPVanish VPN, and CyberGhost VPN.
- Added detection support for Messaging apps, including Skype, WhatsApp, FB Messenger, Viber, Slack, Telegram, LINE, WeChat, Discord, Signal, Pidgin, Riot, Teams, KakaoTalk, Wire, and Wickr.
- Added detection support for Gaming apps, including Roblox, Minecraft, and Fortnite.