New features and enhancements
- Recovery keys for Mega.nz are now recovered
- Support added for keyword recovery from searches conducted on P2P apps: Shareaza, Ares, and eMule (Shareaza & Ares supported on live system scans only)
- Added detection of Bitlocker locked drives on start-up with option provided to unlock (with known password) prior to running scan
- Recovery keys/passwords are now automatically saved for unlocked Bitlocker drives that are detected
- Underscore characters are now treated as a word boundary character, enabling hits on file names that have underscores on either side of a matching keyword (e.g. “keyword_test.jpg”).
- Option added at end of the scan to start over without having to exit and restart Outrider
- Additional scan information added to main report (drives scanned, number of files scanned, and scan time)
- Exact duplicate hits are now filtered out
- Improved scanning of running processes
- Initial screen can now be resized and other user interface tweaks
- Bug fixes
Release Notes for Previous Versions of Magnet OUTRIDER
- Support added for the detection of Google Drive File Stream
- Added option to auto-check for new releases of Outrider on startup
- Additional user interface updates
- User interface revamped for a more streamlined experience and to support future category additions
- Support added for the detection of cryptocurrency apps like Bitcoin
- Added built-in support to locate files of interest (currently targeting cryptocurrency wallet files/keys/backups)
- Cloud Storage and Virtual Machine apps moved to their own categories
- Improved encryption detection of Bitlocker on live systems
- Obtaining the external IP address of the live computer being scanned is now a configurable option
- The drive/USB that Outrider is running from is automatically de-selected when the I am scanning this computer option is selected
Fixed an issue with unicode (multi-language) filename keyword hit matching
- Virtual Machine apps (VMware, VirtualBox, Virtual PC, and QEMU) are now detected, with hits being shown as part of the Anti-Forensics & Virtual Machine Apps category.
- File names within ZIP files can now also be scanned as an option (one level deep).
- Files located as part of the Keyword Hits category can now be saved to a ZIP file for preservation and additional processing.
- P2P GUIDs for eMule and Shareaza are now recovered as part of the P2P & Cloud Storage Apps category.
- Detection of FrostWire added to the P2P & Cloud Storage Apps category.
- A View Supported Apps button was added to show the currently detectable apps in the Dark Web, Encryption, P2P/Cloud, and Anti-Forensics/VM categories.
- Command Line functionality added for including Outrider in automated workflows like Magnet AUTOMATE, with an additional feature that allows for app/system related files to be collected for further artifact processing.