New and updated
- This release improves the configuration of HTTPS/SSL for Magnet AUTOMATE, which secures all communication that occurs between the controller, nodes, web application, and API.
- Using a script provided by Magnet Forensics, you can now create your own Certificate Authority (CA), which generates a CA-signed public certificate and server certificates.
- Improved controller and node installers now prompt you for the SSL certificates and password.
- To integrate other tools or systems via the Magnet AUTOMATE REST API, you can now create an API key during the controller installer. The API key is used by applications to send requests to the REST API.
Note: For important details on configuring HTTPS/SSL, including certificate password requirements and new upgrading instructions for existing installations, refer to the Magnet AUTOMATE User Guide.
There are no bug fixes in this release.
- In an image processing workflow, AXIOM Process cannot read an iOS image with a keychain encrypted by BitLocker. To successfully read and process this type of image, copy the keychain to an external drive not encrypted with BitLocker. Additionally, if the AUTOMATE agent node's workspace is encrypted with BitLocker, workflows that have been configured to "turn on local image mode" will not be able to read these images. -AXP-10310
- During data validation, if the source destination contains an image with copies of the same image in subfolders, the data validation fails. The expected behavior is that during a local image copy that targets a single file, Magnet AUTOMATE shouldn't recursively catalog identical files. -AUTO-3407
- When copying files during data validation, the associated node is in use; however, the Nodes column for in progress cases appears empty. The expected behavior is that the Nodes column should display the active node. -AUTO-3406
- When data validation begins, the workflow run log records a "Creating hash catalog" status. If files fail to copy after creating file hashes, there is no status in the workflow run log to indicate when copying started. The expected behavior is that there should be a "Copying" status after "Creating hash catalog" to indicate the sequence of events and when they occurred. -AUTO-3408
Magnet AXIOM updates
- Updated agent installers to include the latest version of workflow applications: AXIOM Process, AXIOM Exporter, AXIOM Post-Processing, and Magnet ACQUIRE.
- For more information about Magnet AXIOM 6.9 updates, see the Magnet AXIOM 6.9 Release Notes.