New in this release
- CASE_ID is now exposed as a variable that you can use to identify the case in REST API calls. This variable can be useful in scenarios where workflows are "chained" together. For example, you could create a workflow that contains a PowerShell script that starts a different workflow using the REST API. The CASE_ID that's passed with the REST API call would ensure that the workflow run gets added to the same case as the parent workflow run.
- Improvements have been made to automatic platform detection to more accurately detect platform types using different means of identification. Generic formats that aren't typically associated with a platform (for example, .zip) are much more likely to be detected correctly.
- AXIOM Post-processing now includes a Build media explorer job that builds the media explorer index, which is a requirement for exporting media categorization summaries. Building the index in a workflow saves you from having to perform the step manually in AXIOM Examine.
- The REST API now allows you to specify the platform of the image when you start a new workflow run.
- Pre-merge workflows can now be continued without there being more than one workflow run to merge together. On the Pending cases screen, click Merge / continue on the workflow run that you want to continue processing. The merge workflow you select will continue processing the evidence source while skipping the merge step.
- You can now merge previously generated .mfdb files with an Magnet AUTOMATE case without having to reprocess the image. This can be useful in a few situations:
Now, you can create a simplified .mfdb workflow that accepts the .mfdb file as an Image input, performs some sort of action, and then stops for the merge. This can then be merged with the .mfdb file created by a regular workflow.
- You've processed an image using Magnet AXIOM and want to merge it with additional evidence in Magnet AUTOMATE
- You've processed an image in Magnet AUTOMATE but haven't used a merge workflow and want to now merge that with new evidence that's been obtained.
Magnet AXIOM updates
- Updated agent installers to include the latest version of worklow applications: AXIOM Process, AXIOM Exporter, AXIOM Post-Processing, and Magnet ACQUIRE.
- For more information about Magnet AXIOM 5.6 updates, see the Release Notes: Magnet AXIOM 5.6 Release Notes.